- Category: Enter Now
- Published on 15 April 2012
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 1256
Entries will close on 31 January 2013 at 20h00.
All information and notices will be communicated to entrants through email addresses provided when entering.
Riders that withdraw before 31 August 2012 are eligible for a 75% refund.
Riders that withdraw before 31 December 2012 are eligible for a 50% refund.
No refunds will be done after 31 January 2013.
All riders must register between 12h00 and 22h00 on the day before the start of the race (27 February 2013) at the race office in Stilbaai.
Any team that is not registered will not be allowed to start the race and will forfeit their entry fee.
Any photographic or video material taken by the organisers or their agents may be used for publicity in the future without any payment for such material.
Declaration, Waiver & Indemnity:
By entering the Cape Outback ("the event") I declare to X-treme Africa Events CC ("the organisers") the following:
• That I have read and accepted the Terms & Conditions as well as the Rules & Regulations of the Cape Outback and voluntarily bind myself to it in full.
• That I am aware that the Cape Outback is an extreme endurance event with significant risk of injury, trauma, harm and damage to myself, other participants, support crew, spectators and other persons attending or in the vicinity of the event.
• That I am aware that the event will take place at a time and location that may make access to medical treatment and facilities difficult and that mountain bike riding is physically exerting and may result in injury, trauma, death or damage and that I may be exposed to natural elements.
• That I am in good physical condition to safely participate in and complete the event and has no disability, impairment or ailment that will prevent me from safely participating in the event or that will be detrimental to my health, safety or physical condition.
• That all the information provided by me to register is true and correct and that the organisers can rely on this information in permitting me to participate in this event.
• That if I suffer injury the organisers may at my expense arrange for me to receive medical treatment and emergency evacuation as the organisers in their sole discretion deem appropriate and that I understand that any personal injury that I incur may be worsened or compounded by not only my actions but by the actions, omissions or negligence of others.
• That I voluntarily take part in the event and that by entering the event I bind myself to an enforceable legal relationship between myself and the organisers.
• That I unconditionally release and forever discharges from all liability X-treme Africa Events CC, its members, employees, contractors and volunteers as well as the sponsors, affiliating bodies, local authorities, landowners and supporters of the event from any claims, suits, and demands, expenses, costs or damage arising from any personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property sustained by me as a result of my participation in the event.
• I hereby unconditionally indemnify and hold harmless, and shall keep indemnified and held harmless X-treme Africa Events CC, its members, officers, agents, marshals, contractors, helpers, sponsors, local authorities or their employees and proprietors of any land on which the event or any part of it is conducted from and against all liabilities, claims, suits, demands, expenses, costs, actions and proceedings of any nature whatsoever that may be brought against X-treme Africa Events CC as a result of or in connection with any act, omission, default, failure or error on the part of X-treme Africa Events CC, including any negligent act, omission, default, failure or error occurring wholly or partly during the event.
• I hereby unconditionally indemnify and hold harmless, and shall keep indemnified and held harmless X-treme Africa Events CC, its members, officers, agents, marshals, contractors, helpers, sponsors, local authorities or their employees and proprietors of any land on which the event or any part of it is conducted as a result of, or arising out of, whether directly or indirectly, the participants arrival and departure there from, attendance at registration, prize-giving or other function thereof, any loss or damage to bicycles or other equipment, however such loss or damage may arise regardless of whether or not the same shall have been caused directly or indirectly by the negligence, albeit gross, of one or more of all the aforementioned parties as set out.
• I agree that X-treme Africa Events CC will not be liable for and I waive any right to claim any loss or damage, personal injury, death, economic loss or consequential loss whether in tort, in contract, under statute or otherwise, for any default, failure, negligence or error on the part of X-treme Africa Events CC.
• I agree that X-treme Africa Events CC's liability under any statutory right or any condition or warranty implied or any relevant legislation which cannot be lawfully excluded is, to the full extent permitted by law, limited to payment by X-treme Africa Events CC of the cost of having the event supplied again.
• I accept that I take part entirely at my own risk.